Welcome back students
Thank you for waiting. We are resuming our face-to-face English classes for adult students who can now join our courses starting from 12 October.
We continue to develop all our learning programmes to ensure our students have a very fruitful and enjoyable learning experience.
Our health and safety precautions
Following Ministry of Health guidance, all health and safety precautions are in place to protect our students, teachers and staff.
- Physical distancing measures must be adhered to – with staff, teachers and students always one and a half metres apart, at all times throughout our premises.
- Self-declaration form: all students must sign a declaration form when they register stating that they are prepared to follow the safety guidelines.
- Students may not attend classes if: they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home order, as specified by the Mozambique government or if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
- Temperature screening will be in place at the teaching venue
- All staff, teachers and students will be required to wear face masks
- New hygiene protocols are in place with sanitation stations in the teaching centre
- Teachers will familiarise students with health and safety practices during their first class.
- Placement testing for all courses will be carried out online
- A maximum number of 10 students per class will be allowed to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Learning activities to maximise the benefits of group working will be integrated to teaching approaches, while students maintain social distancing.
NOTE: It may be necessary to return to online classes if conditions change.
The health and safety of students, teachers and staff are our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the Ministry of Health. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain vigilant as the situation develops.
Find out more about our English courses for adults